Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My office: Skype

Who would've thought 20 years ago that we would spend 8 hours a day working in front of a computer... but even more strange is the fact that all of our communications are also via the computer. It´s cheaper and faster to just leave a message in skype, to drink a coffee in a chat, and call a mobile land at 2c a minute. The good part is, I can play the music I want, none comes to disturb be in my office (except Anamaria of course ), and I can source information from different people at once, just by opening a new window. Even appointments are set up via skype: Golf practice at lunch, study after work, or party on the weekend. The bad part is, exactly the same: I miss the breaks where you could ask your friends about their children, choosing different types of really bad coffee from a machine, and looking at people in the eye when asking for a favor. If I knew that I'd use skype so much, I would've chosen a different skype name.. not compulobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment